Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Switzerland

The last day of our trip Monica and I visited Geneva and then stayed the night with Anais, a French girl who did an exchange at Mizzou last year.  While Geneva was cold it was still beautiful and this was my first glimpse of the French and Swiss Alps.  Geneva uses the Swiss Francs because it is not part of the EU, so now I have an abundance of useless silver coins that would only amount to a couple euros.   Staying with Anais in her house on the French side of Geneva was a lot of fun and made me realize how similar France is to the U.S, although the French make much better hosts are always offering tea, coffee, and chocolate.  We ate some Crepes, watched Anais's favorite french television show, and watched a french documentary.

Lake Geneva

There is a clock at the end of each street.  The Swiss like to be very punctual

"To change the world, start by changing yourself"

The Bell Tower

The Alps

The broken chair outside of the UN

3 comments:

  1. New layout? I like it.

    Also, please bring me back one of those chocolate porcupines. Those look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete